DAAD Scholarships – Research Grants and Scholarships in Germany
DAAD research grants, Germany invites application for DAAD Scholarships – DAAD research grants from eligible and interested candidates
About- DAAD research grants provide young foreign academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research and continue their education in Germany. There are funding programmes for various qualification phases and stages in a career. The grants also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues. DAAD Scholarships
Location- Research institute in Germany
More Opportunity – Scholarships in UK for Female Students, Swansea University
Eligibility/Qualification– Excellently-qualified young academics and scientists who have completed a Master’s degree or Diploma, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research.
Doctoral programmes at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education or a non-university research institute in Germany:
- individual projects under the supervision of a university teacher or academic adviser
- participation in a structured doctoral study programme
The aim of this grant programme is to support doctoral projects in Germany.
- a maximum of four years;
- Grants are initially awarded for a maximum of one year. Extensions depend on whether the selection committee considers the previous award period to have been successfully completed.
- For doctoral projects in Germany that require several years of research, research phases outside Germany can be supported if these are critical for the successful completion of the doctoral degree. Planned stays must be specified in the application in the work and time schedule and should not exceed a quarter of the anticipated total funding period.
Value – Depending on academic level, monthly payments of:
euros 850.- for graduates,
euros 1,200.- for doctoral candidates
How to Apply- The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal.
You are also required to send 1 copy of the “Application summary” (PDF file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, by post to the application address.
Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of publications (max. 10 pages), if applicable
- Extensive and detailed description of the research proposal and a description of previous research work (max. 10 pages)
In the case of individual projects supervised by a university teacher (academic adviser)
Letter confirming supervision by a university teacher in Germany (academic adviser)
Schedule of planned research work
In the case of planned participation in a structured doctoral study programme:
- Letter of admission to a study programme; this can be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application.
- Proof of existing contacts to the coordinator of the doctoral programme in the form of copies of correspondence
Also for all applicants
- Diplom or degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application.
- Other documents which support your application (example: certificates of employment, proof of placements, etc.)
For Contact- E-Mail.: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 31 October 2019